Sunday, August 10, 2008

(P.S. Where is this guy's helmet!?)








Who dreamed this up? Honestly. It is so Redneck. So whitetrash. Yet, SO amusing! County fairs in general are just weird. I mean, I remember my parents taking us as kids, and I absolutely LOVED it. I thought they were so cool! But Kye and I took the kids the other night to the SL County fair, and all I could think was "Get me outta here. This is too much stress, too many creepy people, too much dust, too many germs." But the kids thought they'd died and gone to heaven. We were mostly there to watch the Demolition Derby w/my mom and dad. They had 3 of Lisa's boys spending the weekend while Lisa and Derek were out of town. And the 2 BEST commentators in the world: Nate and his friend Mark. I literally did not stop laughing. I almost peed my pants! I mean, a demolition derby is strangely funny as it is, but then you add these two clowns, and you're in for a good time. The boys were eating it up too. They all adore their uncle Nate.
It was worth going, just to listen to Nate and Mark. Haven liked the derby too, but after the 2nd round, she wanted to go on rides. All in all, it was a good time.

2 Comments:

  1. Mom Bird said...
    Well, I for one had a great time w/so many of my loved ones around! It seems kinda sloth-ish to be entertained with no involvement but cheering to watch potentially lethal crashing and bodily (pun) damage done! And I was very lucky not to have a mustard colored calling card left by Landon! Fun Times!!
    lisabirdgirl said...
    Dang!!! I wish I could have been there too! Nate and Mark would have been the highlight of the show! Oh well, Trek was fun too!!
    Love you!

Post a Comment